Name Change Attorney Representation

Name Change Attorney Representation

Compassionate Legal Counsel

In order to change your name in Georgia, you must pay a filing fee with the court, publish an ad in your local paper for 4 weeks that notifies people of your old name and what you will be changing it to, receive a certificate of publication from the newspaper that will then be filed with the Court, get a hearing date, attend court with your attorney to ensure the court that you are not changing your name to dodge creditors or to defraud others.

After you change your name, you will need to do the following:  inform social security, inform your bank, inform your employer, inform the DMV, inform credit card companies.

At Yoxall Family Law, we are always prepared. When clients step into a courtroom or mediation, they can be confident in their attorney. We fight aggressively and professionally for our clients.

Contact Us

Yoxall Family Law
One West Court Square
Suite 750
Decatur, GA 30030

Phone: 678-420-5534


My English isn't great, but Jennifer speaks Spanish. She made me comfortable and got me the best.
Jose S.